Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pretend Play for Boys!

Since the Halloween season is upon us, it's time to think about Christmas! What?

Ok, I have a 2 year old boy. I want him to dress up and practice pretending. It's good for the imagination, right? Well, if you have girls, it's not hard to find pretend play items. Tiaras, mom's old dresses, and a few Goodwill fans can be found year-round. But if, like me, you have sons, you have one time of year to find a good selection of pretend play items- Halloween! Check out what I found at the Dollar Tree today:


That's 1 pirate costume (hat, eyepatch, and hook), 1 fireman costume (helmet and vest), 1 soldier costume (camo vest, helmet, and playset with walkie talkie, etc.), 1 knight costume (breastplate, sword, and shield), and a construction vest. I paid just $10 for all that!



Plus, for his birthday, his auntie gave him a bunch of play food (so I am looking for a small chef's hat) and a doctor bag which is his current obsession. Paging Dr. Cutiepants. Dr. Cutiepants, please come to the ER.


Sorry for the blurry pic. The kid hardly stands still.

I am also on the lookout for a construction helmet and a cowboy outfit. I saw some superhero capes in the party favor section at Target last week, didn't get them, and now they're sold out.  Arg! I'm sure they'll be back soon. She says hopefully.





I can't wait to stock all these cool dress-up clothes in my little guy's TARDIS that I am building to house toys in his "big boy" room that we're planning to unveil for Christmas. So, obviously, more posts to come on that!

If you have a boy, I'd love some comments on wear/what to get for dress-up stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment